Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Monday, May 13, 2013

Simple things amuse simple minds.


Up early this morning as Bill had docs appointment for blood drawing. One of those things he has to do now on a regular basis. And it was blooming COLD out 33 degrees! I expected to see frost on the meadows but didn’t. Guess cause it was too foggy/misty out. Going down the hill into town.
The sun trying to shine.
On the way home we were going to stop at the only restaurant in the little town that serves breakfast. But couldn't. It isn't open on Mondays! 
This is going to be kind of a simple things amuse simple minds blog.
Yesterday morning we went into big town for breakfast. And on the way home of course I was playing with my camera. Here is some Brown County Yard Art.
And evidence of the hard winter. Last year it wasn’t leaning quite so much.
I mentioned the ferris wheels with corn that we put on the trees out front. Well the squirrels finally got brave enough to try them. He is eating the corn.
They are on the ground under him eating the kernels that drop.
Be interesting to see how long it takes them to figure out how to get to the other three pieces. 
Because it was so pretty out yesterday – though cold – I went outside and walked around the yard some. Lots of flowers are blooming.
We planted these Lilly of the Valley a couple of years ago and this is the first time they’ve bloomed. 
They smell so good. They remind me of when I was a real little girl living on a lake in New York state. We had a big wood pile and they bloomed all around the wood in the shade. Them and violets.
Another bloom in the middle of no where. Maybe it’s a columbine – not sure.
And one of the bushes – just beginning to bloom.
Walking around the pond I noticed all the pollywogs in it. The frogs have been busy this year.
A closer look at some of them.
Just looking across the side yard towards the woods in back. It really is a pretty area.
Not much on the agenda today. Trying to learn more about the Surface and how it works. Maybe a little cleaning – or maybe not.
And we're still waiting for the contractor for the bathroom repairs.
Tried yesterday to talk my son into trading me his truck for my Mustang convertible. He said NO! Truck has original motor in it. He found it sitting in a field in Montana a couple of years ago. 

1 comment:

  1. I adore the lily of the valley. It's my birth flower and always been special to me. I'm hoping to plant a lilac tree this week. Absolutely nothing is blooming here yet. We had such a delayed Spring that I'm not sure we're going to see much green. :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete