Translate this Page

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Detour - There's a closed road ahead.

Were up early this morning to head to the clinic for Bill to leave his specimen – Imagine our surprise when we got to the first major intersection and we couldn’t continue on downtown. We had to take a long detour. The red line is the way we had to go – the blue line the way we wanted to go. The clinic is where they meet.
I guess there was some kind of marathon going on or something. When we did get where we wanted to go the break in the center divider was closed off and of course we were on the wrong side of the center divider.
So Bill pulled up in front of a closed store and we got out to cross the street. NO NO – the cop on the corner wouldn’t let us stay there so Bill went on across and I got back in the car and very slowly drove it around the block. As I came around the last corner Bill was just coming out of the clinic so I pulled over for him to get in. The cop came running again. NO NO waving for us to keep going. Bill pulled open the door and I slid over the gear shift to my seat. And off we went. But we did get to drive home along the blue line. Did not see any kind of event at all.
See the taxi – he is driving on the wrong side of the road. 
Which was okay because there was no south bound traffic. The only problem was a lot of people were driving the wrong way and when ever they came to an intersection that was partly open they scooted into our lane. Some exciting moments there. Glad I wasn’t driving.
And this pulmonia driver - you can't see it in the picture but he was backing up the hill. ?? The guy coming over the hill is going to be surprised. 
Will have to go in tomorrow or Monday to get the results of the test.
Bill is getting anxious to head towards home. Even talking about maybe leaving here Wednesday or Thursday. [We’re getting the Alfa washed on Tuesday – it is so dirty.]
A couple of our friends that we met through the political stuff came over to visit this afternoon. While talking Bill happened to mention that his wrists and hands were still hurting him from all the IVs he had. [Here they put the IVs in the vein right above the bend of the wrist.] Well Martha moved over to the stool in front of him and took his hands in hers. She started to manipulate the palm and back of his hand – he about jumped out of his chair from the pain. She talked him into sitting still and moved to the fingers then slowly moved back to the palm and wrist. By the time she was finished with both hands he could move them without pain. And had full range of movement in them. It is now several hours later and his hands still feel good. So glad she came over.
Fixed a good dinner. Chicken breast with braised onions, artichokes and red grapes. And eggplant breaded and fried. Green beans.

Nothing else going on – Bill is watching a soccer game on TV and I’m going to knit for a while. 


  1. Quite an exciting day! Glad Bill is doing better.

  2. Glad she was able to help ! Those needle sticks can be very painful ! Hugs to you both !