Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rain and Technical Learning Curve

Saturday a.m.

Well rain and more rain – though today and tomorrow it is supposed to be scattered. Lots of thunder again last night. Power comes and goes as it pleases. If April showers bring May flowers we should have a bunch of them. Columbus to the east of us is already preparing for flooding. The rivers and creeks are all up to the top of their banks.
My computer is working good – I think – got one slide show redone and put on a DVD and it actually works to watch on TV. Since I quit work I’ve not kept up with the technical side of things. There’s all kinds of crap on this that I don’t know what it is. The programs I was wondering about yesterday are both e-reader programs???? I have my Nook so I just uninstalled them. One by one I’m trying to figure out what some of the other ones are and then – GONE.
We would have made a funniest video yesterday afternoon as we were trying to figure out how to connect the laptop to the TV so we can look at the Mexico pictures on the TV without putting them on DVD. We bought the cord to connect them but didn’t think about asking how to do it. I know! I know! It’s simple. Push two buttons on the TV remote and it is done. But it took awhile to figure it out. I was afraid I’d screw stuff up so bad we’d never be able to watch TV again. Now we’ll even be able to watch [on the TV] the movies we bought in Mexico that wouldn’t play on our DVD player but will play on the laptop. Some movies are recorded in Region 4 for Mexico only – instead of Region 1 the US.
I’m trying to let my hair grow out so I can get a perm. Don’t know if I can stand it that long. Right now I look like I have an old, badly used, string mop on my head.
Watched the Truck race last night – Kyle won. He has now led 20,000 laps in NASCAR and he is only 25. This afternoon is the Nationwide race if it’s not raining in Nashville, TN.
Some time today we have to run out to the market for the rest of the ingredients for my Paella tomorrow – forgot the frozen peas and need more tomatoes. Also I want to check out something I read – Friday they were supposed to tear down the old gazebo downtown – what are they thinking? It is part of the charm of the town.
No new pictures cause it has been so gloomy and dark out nothing would show up. Bill is still working with his leather and wood faces. Has finished a couple of really nice ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment