Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Working on Barn Quilts

Sunrise this morning – Bill took the picture I was still snoozing. Looking north across the valley. 
Wish the day was going to be as nice as the picture. Today will be our first day this summer over 90…and it will be well over 90 – about 100 with the Heat Index! And tonight sever storms. But on the bright side tomorrow isn’t supposed to be in the high 70s or low 80s. Welcome to Indiana. And yesterday was a perfect day. Low humidity and in the mid-80s. Beautiful day. Even took the convertible with the top down into town for errands and lunch.
I’m beginning to think Bill is taking this living in the country thing to heart. Has his farmer image going on here. Loading corn on to the ferris wheel. Maybe I should get him a straw hat for Father’s Day.

And mean while out back…One deer is busy pigging out while another is trying to get closer to the food.
Should I just walk right up there?
Don’t you even think about it!
She waited until the first one left then had the corn to herself – well if you don’t include the birds, chipmunks and squirrels.
Worked on my Barn Quilts yesterday. First I had to scan and enlarge the patterns so I could follow them. Then had to draw them on the pieces of wood. A nine square star pattern.



The second pattern wasn’t as easy to transfer. Had to think about it for a while. And Bill snuck in with the camera!
Working on the second pattern
And of course had to put some paint on it right away. The green is that Frog Tape. Sure hope it works like they say it does or I’m going to have a lot of cleaning up to do.
So that is my agenda for today – more painting on the squares – and maybe the bridge if Bill hasn’t done it yet. 

1 comment: