Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Friday, September 19, 2014

THE BOOK

Wouldn’t you know it. Now that the furnace is fixed it is warm again. Got up to almost 80 today - go figure.
Had more than a few really cold days first though. More like the beginning of winter instead of the end of summer. Today was beautiful. Clear blue sky and puffy white clouds - perfect. And Bill even felt pretty darn good today. It is nice to see him smiling and active.
We had to go into Columbus this morning to run errands. Snapped a picture of this sculpture in town. I think it is cute. A few years ago someone used to dress the kids up for the season. Hats and scarves for winter and pretty bonnets for spring on the girls.
Also picked up my new glasses - either they are a little off or I have to get used to them. Can’t see the computer unless I hold my head up and look down through the lenses. Or move the screen further away from me.
Starting to think about getting the Alfa loaded up. Making lists of what we don’t want to forget. You’d think by now we’d have it down pat - but usually leave something home. But guess that is what Wal*Mart is for.
The trees are starting to shed their leaves and lots of them are turning colors. When we got home from town we had a surprise on the porch. OUR BOOK is here! It sure looks nice and is now available if anyone wants one. Ended up being 290 pages and I added some pictures. Maybe it was worth all the blood, sweat, and tears. 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting the book launched! I hope it sells well. Maybe the glasses need to sit higher on your nose. Do you have some small foam adhesive tape to use to make a little pad? or two? If those you are wearing in the picture are the new ones, you don't have adjustable nose pads. Better idea: build them up with your hot glue gun (You do have a hot glue gun, don't you?). Then with a razor blade, you can trim down to the correct height. I like metal frames where you can adjust the nose pads with needle nose pliers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the glasses were set up wrong - the reading part too low - going back to get them fixed next week.

      Delete
  2. Just downloaded your book to my Kindle - can't wait to get started.

    arlonHboozer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if there are any formatting errors in it that you notice - we have had a devil of a time getting it ready for downloading - every company wants a different format.

      Delete
    2. The format looks good to me. I am about a fourth of the way into the book & have enjoyed every single adventure. Sounds like you and Bill had such patience and humor raising five sons.
      Can't wait to get back to reading this afternoon.

      arlonHboozer.com

      Delete
  3. New glasses are awesome!! Will see if I can download to my Kobo!

    ReplyDelete