Translate this Page

Saturday, September 12, 2015


It is finally cooling down here - today is "supposed" to be the last 100+ day of the year. Yah right! - Sure hope so. The next seven days will be in the low 90s with one 86 in the middle - and a chance of rain. Been a couple of interesting days. We got a dresser for the sewing room delivered - so we can put one of the TVs on it and I can use a few of the drawers for sewing. After getting it set up Bill tried to fix my sewing machine cabinet. The one thing the movers managed to break. We thought it could be fixed - but it can’t…so that means we have to get a new one. OMG…when did they get so expensive? It is made of MDF, not oak and is very plain with a few drawers - nothing fancy. Going to cost over $800!!! Part is because it has a lift in it so I can set the machine at different levels. But still. So now I’m going to put in a claim to the moving company. Doubt I’ll get any compensation but going to try.
this is from the ad for it. 

Yesterday was pretty much a quiet day. I spent most of the day watching NASCAR. But did do something constructive while watching. I made a new earring holder. The old one was stretched and dirty. The holder part is just net doubled over and hand stitched together then attached to the little hat. [When I was working I always wore earrings, not so much now. I have to repoke the hole in one ear - ugh.]
Bill did the carvings hanging next to it. 
Also got part of the “little” room set up. Hung the clown pictures and got some of the beads out of boxes. The pile on the left of the table are finished pieces: necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Going to be fun untangling them.
I mentioned Bill got a work table for his hobbies. Here it is set up in the computer/hobby room. Those are beads hanging on the wall - 
This is what he does with them. This one we bought a long time ago - the beads are pressed into bee's wax one at a time. 
The animal form in the back is the way they start out. Then the wax is added and then the beads. 
It will keep him busy. He also works with wood and leather. Should keep him out of mischief. 
But back to the house. Our bedroom is the only room just about complete - except for the TV. And a hook for the swag lamp. It is a pretty good sized room.
Our next door neighbor passed away a couple of days ago - guess that’s to be expected in an old folks community. Don’t know what will happen to his home. While thinking about the park - they have their own street sweeper company and it does a really good job. We’ve remarked how clean it is in here. Now I know why.
We’ve hung some of our art work that we kept. And sometime today the park’s handyman is supposed to come to help Bill hang the big TV on the wall in the living room. Then I can call DirectTV to come and run the rest of the cable for the other TVs. Because we got tired of waiting for the movers we bought a TV after we got here - so now have a TV that we don't know what to do with that came from Indiana! Maybe we'll have the guy run a cable to the patio...
Like I said yesterday didn't do much. I could barely keep my eyes open to watch the end of the race. When it ended I turned on another program and woke up a couple of hours later - around 8:30 - Went to bed at 9:30 and slept till after 8:00 this morning. 
Guess it finally caught up with me. Today there is a soccer game at 11:30 and another race at 4:30 - so not doing much today either. Except I've been craving pineapple upside down cake - might make one. Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment