Translate this Page

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

One more sleep here

Today was a really busy day. First thing I backed up my PC and then transferred all the info to the laptop. Hard getting used to the laptop again and Windows 8. GRRR. And because I haven't used the laptop for a while to blog it required I sign in. Of course I couldn't remember my password. So I had to come up with another one - I hate that. Hope I can remember it long enough to write it down somewhere 
The Alfa sitting out front so we can load it.
Then we went out to breakfast and shopping for hopefully the last few things we want before we leave Vegas. Put one load of laundry in before we left – I always like to come home to clean sheets – well almost clean as we will sleep in them tonight.
Most of what we bought went directly into the Alfa. What a mess along with all the stuff we’d already brought out from the closets and cupboards.
Talked to our son and he said the ladies who clean would be coming by about noon. Good timing. While they cleaned the house Bill and I worked in the Alfa. Trying to remember what went where so we could find it when we wanted “it.” We don’t leave the Alfa empty between trips – we leave clothes, linens, dishes, pots and pans etc. in it. But still there are many things that need to go out – food from cupboards, clothes, meds, electronics, cameras etc. etc. Many, many bags.
Also did a couple of loads of laundry from the Alfa – the bedding which I forgot about when we moved out of it into the house. And one of the throw rugs. Also vacuumed and dusted some. Gets so dusty just sitting.
After the ladies left – leaving us a wonderfully clean home – we did have to make another trip out. Needed new chains for between the Alfa and the Jeep. Then we got home and made empanadas. Five dozen! This is what is left after I portioned most of them out to freeze.
We’re still planning on leaving tomorrow, only going about 220 miles so don’t have to start at the crack of dawn. Thank goodness cause haven’t moved anything from frig or freezer…

I can’t believe what a difference my surgery made. I feel so good – absolutely no pain anymore. When we left Indiana – loading the Alfa had to be done over several days as the pain got worse the longer I was on my feet. Now I just want to keep moving and doing things. I guess I got used to it and adjusted accordingly.  Enjoying life again. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are pain free and can really enjoy activity again. I think 220 miles is a long drive any more. I prefer under 100, lol.